The European Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers, ACEM, will be hosting "The Safe Ride to the Future", a major international conference on motorcycling safety on 27 April 2016.
The event will take place at the Renaissance Hotel, 19 rue du Parnasse, Brussels, from 11:00 to 15:00.
"Motorcycles play an increasing role in urban and leisure mobility across Europe. At the same time, motorcyclists remain vulnerable road users requiring dedicated attention. The industry continuously works to ensure high safety levels for powered two-wheeler users. Yet, there is a clear case for increased cooperation between manufacturers, policy-makers and other key stakeholders.
"The conference will explore how all relevant players can take up this challenge and better work together to further improve motorcycling safety in Europe. As part of the conference, ACEM will launch its new European Training Quality Label and organise an exhibition on motorcycle safety technology".
Speakers at the conference are scheduled to include:
- Stephan Schaller (ACEM President, BMW Motorrad President)
- Antonio Perlot (European Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers (ACEM) Secretary General)
- Alisa Tiganj (Member of the Cabinet of the European Commissioner for Transport and Mobility)
- Inés Ayala Sender (Member of the European Parliament)
- Szabolcs Schmidt (European Commission's Directorate General for Transport and Mobility, Head of the Road Safety Unit)
- Gianfranco Burzio (European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA),
- Antonio Avenoso (European Transport and Safety Council Director)
To see the full programme and to book see www.acem.eu