Thursday 27 October 2022

D.I.D

Rossi extends D.I.D partnership through 2024

D.I.D and race legend Valentino Rossi have been in a brand relationship, one way or another, for two decades - from racing with D.I.D chain ever since he switched to Yamaha in the early days of his career, right through to his position as a D.I.D Brand Ambassador since he retired.
With a year still to go on their present three-year agreement, D.I.D and Rossi have now extended that agreement, signing a new three-year deal that will see Rossi continue as a Global Brand Ambassador for D.I.D, with D.I.D continuing its support as an official Technical Partner for the VR46 Riders Academy and VR46 Ranch, and for the Mooney/VR46 race team in Moto2 and MotoGP.

Hirofumi Araya, left, President of D.I.D chain manufacturer Daido Kogyo Co. Ltd. concludes the extension of the partnership with Valentino Rossi.

Hirofumi Araya, President of Daido Kogyo Co., Ltd. said: "We are extremely pleased to be able to continue our relationship with Valentino Rossi. He is a fine ambassador for D.I.D and for the sport.
"D.I.D and Valentino share a common, mutual desire to improve riders' performance and contribute to foster the future talents in two-wheel motorsports. It is a pleasure to work with Valentino as our Global Brand Ambassador and we are excited to continue backing his investment in the future of motorcycle racing.


The relationship between Valentino Rossi and D.I.D goes right back to Rossi's switch to Yamaha (from HRC) in 2004.

"On the racetrack, D.I.D will continue to use the most innovative materials and technologies to develop chains that can contribute to the performance of a globally recognised and respected sports person like Rossi. At the same time, DAIDO will incorporate latest materials and technologies to co-develop with him the ultimate chains that can be safely used and enjoyed by riders all over the world, so to increase the joy of motorcycle riding."
Last year saw D.I.D launch its first co-branded chain product with Rossi - the D.I.D X VR46. The company also released "The Doctor" - a newly designed 460-piece limited edition chain, test-approved by Rossi, that was directly derived from the D.I.D chain supplied in MotoGP. That sold out immediately, and the good news is that a second limited edition special chain in the series is currently at the design phase in Japan.


Tested by Valentino Rossi, D.I.D launched its first co-branded chain last year - the D.I.D X VR46 520 and 525 series.


Araya went on to say: "At the same time, DAIDO will incorporate latest materials and technologies to co-develop with him the ultimate chains that can be safely used and enjoyed by riders all over the world, so to increase the joy of motorcycle riding."
Commenting on the extension of the relationship, Valentino Rossi said: "I have been using D.I.D on the track with Yamaha for many years, and now I am very glad to extend this partnership as their expertise and great technology can support me and our VR46 Riders Academy racers on the track and during our training activities."
Araya concluded by saying: "Fun is a strong driving force in D.I.D, fun is the essential element, and combined with Valentino's dedication to excellence and the search for adrenaline, this is a 360- degree partnership between winners, for winners."
www.didchain.com

DID's new X-rings have greater retention and durability, for higher wear resistance.