Wednesday 14 April 2021

D.I.D

D.I.D appoints Valentino Rossi as Global Brand Ambassador

D.I.D has announced that it has appointed Valentino Rossi, the nine-time World Champion and the only road racer to have competed in more than 400 Grand Prix races, as its global brand ambassador.
The three-year partnership will see Rossi promoting the D.I.D brand and D.I.D products worldwide. The agreement also includes collaboration on future product lines, as well as co-developing and co-branding special product lines.
This year will see D.I.D launch two chain series, D.I.D X VR46 and 'The Doctor' - a new chain application designed and test-approved by Rossi. 




"The Doctor series, deriving directly from the D.I.D chain supplied for MotoGP competition, will be particularly prized by the most demanding riders and by refined collectors too - being produced in a very limited edition."
Hirofumi Araya, President of DAIDO KOGYO CO., LTD., commented: "We are extremely pleased to have Valentino Rossi become D.I.D's world brand ambassador. We will use the most innovative materials and technologies to develop chains that can contribute to the performance of a globally recognised and respected sports person like Rossi.
"At the same time, DAIDO will incorporate the latest materials and technologies to co-develop with him the ultimate chains that can be safely used and enjoyed by riders all over the world, so to increase the joy of motorcycle riding."
Araya added: "D.I.D and Valentino share a common, mutual desire to improve riders' performance and contribute to foster the future talents in two-wheel motorsports. For this reason, D.I.D will become a technical partner of the VR46 Academy by supporting all their different race-training activities with the very wide selection of applications available in the D.I.D range."


The collaboration between D.I.D and Rossi will also involve the technical support to SKY Racing Team VR46 for the 2021 and 2022 Moto2 World Championships.
"Fun is a strong driving force in D.I.D. Together with the search for adrenaline, fun is also the essential element for Valentino. This further common mindset has motivated D.I.D to include the VR46 ranch activities into our technical support programme, thus building an all-round global D.I.D and Valentino Rossi collaboration."
Commenting on the announcement, Valentino Rossi said: "I have been using D.I.D on the track with Yamaha for many years, so I am very happy to be able to start this partnership with D.I.D as their expertise and great technology can support me and our VR46 Academy riders on the track and during our training activities."
www.dideu.it